Sunday, September 23, 2012

Soccer, crabbing, a new phone, and delicious food

The title is basically a synopsis of what has been going on in the last week. My brother and I played in the annual alumni soccer game at our high school which was a lot of fun because this was the first one we've  played together since he got out of the Marines. The alumni took the victory once again(which brings my record to something like 6-1) and it was tons of fun seeing players new and old. It's awesome to have been part of the start of a great tradition and the foundation for many successful teams that have gone farther than we ever did when I played. But also nice to show them that we still have the skills to beat them. :-P


This week I also went crabbing in Pacific City with my brothers which is always a ton of fun even if I can't eat the crab.(I get sick and puke. Minor allergy maybe?) Anyways, we went out at low tide which was supposedly the worst time to go and put our pots where it was least crowded and not where this other crabber said to. And we rocked it! We went on our instincts and pulled up way more crabs then the other boats and within 2 hrs had 32 crabs.(which was about ~$450 worth at store price) We had a great time hanging out, joking around, and succeeding while doing it all wrong. lol We took them home and put them on ice and had a big crab boil the next night with the rest of the family. Course we ended up having way too much so the rest of the crab meat was saved and we decided we needed to invite friends next time we go crabbing to help eat it all.



This weekend I finally decided I had the funds to upgrade from my ancient cellphone which had many problems but had survived three and a half years. So I decided to join a friend's cell plan and wait in line for the new iPhone 5. (Figured I might as well get the best if I was gonna upgrade. Plus I like Apple's mobile OS) So we waited overnight in line at the Apple store to ensure we got them. I highly recommend midnight movie showings and product releases because it's always a fun experience and something to remember. Plus we ended up being on a couple news segments and even got interviewed live at 5:30 am. Anyways it was a great experience and I ended up with a fantastic new phone and lots of fun memories.

Today I decided to use my new phone and the Yelp app to find some new places to try for brunch and dinner. I went to the Down to Earth Cafe in Tigard/South Portland and enjoyed some great stuffed French toast. It was stuffed with a fresh strawberry cream cheese filling and fresh blueberries. I was also topped with blueberries and powdered sugar. Amazing! Only downside was that it was a bit pricey but a fantastic meal nonetheless.


For dinner I really wanted to find some inari sushi after having it recommended by a friend. After being foiled in my search last weekend, I was successful today and thoroughly enjoyed it! Definitely will be one of my preferences now. I also had some great pork gyoza.

No comments:

Post a Comment