Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I love summer

Man, I am really terrible about updating this blog, but I haven't eaten anywhere new, seen any new movies, or had anything extraordinary happen. So I guess I figured there wasn't a point. But then I realized that I have done some really fun stuff this summer with a lot of great people. I have been wakeboarding a lot and finally am getting good which is nice cause it means less face-plants(as amusing and entertaining as they were for others). I've camped out on the river and slept in the boat, played a lot of softball(we are doing pretty good and sport a 20-2 record with one more week before playoffs), gone to a few parties (including an engagement party for a couple of good friends), and just hung out with a lot of awesome people that I am blessed to be friends with.

So all in all I have had a fantastic summer that I felt deserved a blog post. The weather in Oregon has been sublime and am looking forward to what the rest of the summer brings. I started rock climbing again today(which is a fantastic hobby if you are looking to find one) and had a friend move in as a roommate a few days ago. I am looking to run a 5K again in September and also have our alumni soccer game approaching as well. Also planning to celebrate turning 27 with a bunch of friends.

I'm still in the process of looking for a new church but am really liking the one I am currently trying out. I hope that God leads me to the right one and that I can get involved. I really enjoy helping with youth(middle and high school) and hope to be helping with a youth group this fall. My youth group leaders in high school had such a big and important impact on my life, and I hope I can have even a fraction of that impact on the lives of the youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment