Sunday, August 5, 2012

Random update

Well I'm already doing a bad job keeping this blog up to date. But figured I share a few random things.

Had brunch today at Morning Thunder which is a nice little breakfast and lunch joint in McMinnville. It's located on 3rd St and is a small place but wasn't busy when I stopped by a little before closing. The ambiance is nice and the scramble special I had was very good. It was an egg scramble with feta, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and spinach. They happily added bacon for me which perfected it IMO. Their OJ, country potatoes, and toast were ok but nothing to rave about. Overall, it was a good meal and I will have to stop by again to try other items on the menu. Not the best place in Mac but I would put it fourth in my list of breakfast/lunch places after Crescent Cafe(the far and away #1), Wild Wood Cafe, and Tommy's.

Also thought I'd randomly post a few of my favorite Pearls Before Swine comics. Unfortunately I couldn't find a pic of one of my favorites so I will just share the text:

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the King's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."

"Scrambled or omelette was the choice
'Ilove the taste,' yelled somebody's voice.
'His death was not kind,' cried one of the men
'But I'd shove that egg all over again.'"

The unknown second verse

Anyways here's a few others I thought I'd post. A comic I definitely recommend reading as it is commonly hilarious but probably not a comic for those easily offended as the artist at times makes fun of touchy topics.
Little Miss Muffet
scratch and ween

No comments:

Post a Comment