Friday, October 5, 2012

Reading

I'm always baffled by friends who don't enjoy reading and haven't read an entire book in years. I don't read all the time but can't imagine going more than a few weeks without reading a book. So many amazing stories, literary adventures to experience, thoughts to be inspired, and things to learn. Some days I just wish there was more hours in the day to spend engrossed in a book enjoying the worlds or situations into which the author leads. With continuing series, I cannot wait until the next book arrives and I can once more rejoin beloved characters and places. I love when books inspire a view of the world I never appreciated before, or simply allow me to escape to another time or existence. It is exhilarating when you simply cannot put a book down because you must know what occurs next. I found myself in that situation with two books today. So now, 8.5 hrs and 700 pages later, I will finally be able to rest easy but excited for the next time a book ensnares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment